Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 1 hour
These sticky Asian-style ribs with their dark, glossy marinade have a pleasing hint of rich, treacle-toffee flavours due to the aromatic BONRAW Organic Panela.
- 1 ½ rounded tbsp BONRAW Organic Panela
- 65 ml (2 ½ floz) soy sauce
- 55 ml (2 floz) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & crushed
- 2 x 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) racks of pork loin ribs
You will also need a large deep roasting tin lined with foil.
- Combine 65 ml of soy sauce, 55 ml of hoisin sauce, and 1 tbsp of chilli sauce with ½ tbsp of sesame oil, 1 ½ tbsp of Organic Panela, and 2 cloves of garlic in a shallow non-metallic tray. Add the pork ribs and turn them in the marinade to coat. Set aside for at least 1 hour, or overnight, covered in the fridge. Turn occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan150°C, 300°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Half-fill the roasting tin with cold water and place it on the bottom of the oven. Arrange the ribs directly on the middle shelf of the oven, sitting above the pan of water. Transfer the remainder of the marinade into a small bowl. Roast the ribs for 1 hour, carefully brushing the ribs every 15 minutes with the marinade. After 30 minutes turn the ribs over and continue basting as before. Watch carefully during the last 10 minutes to make sure they don’t caramelize too much.
- Remove to a chopping board, slice, and serve.
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Panela.