- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
Ingredients for pear syrup:
- 1 or 2 pears
- 100g of BONRAW Organic Panela Sugar
- 120ml of water
Ingredients for the pear gin fizz cocktail:
- 25ml of pear syrup
- 50ml of gin
- Tonic or soda water
- Begin by finely chopping or blending your pears. Then add the pears, sugar and water to a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5-8 minutes until then liquid becomes an amber colour and the pears are breaking down. Stir frequently while the pears are cooking to evenly cook.
- Remove the pear puree from the heat and strain the syrup into a container. Use a spoon to press any remaining liquid out of the pear solids.
- Discard the pear solids and use only the strained syrup for the cocktail recipe. Then, let the syrup cool to room temperature before using.
- Fill up the shake with ice
- Add pear sugar syrup & gin and shake
- Single strain the cocktail to remove the ice shards (pour the cocktail in a cold glass filled with ice)
- Top up the cocktail with tonic or soda water
- Decorate with a slice of pear, ground cinnamon, rosemary or thyme and serve.