Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 45 mins
Bake the best Banana bread with BONRAW. Perfect for snacks, brunches, lunchboxes, and lazy weekends. Instead of regular sugar, switch to our Organic Coconut Blossom. It delivers rich and delicious caramel notes, it tastes wonderful in a thick slice!
225 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
4 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g butter, softened
100 g BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
50 g BONRAW Organic Panela Sugar
3 eggs, beaten
75 g dark chocolate – broken pieces
1 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3 and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Sift 225g of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 1 tsp of ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt together in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mashed banana with 3 tbsp of sour cream and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Beat together 150 g of butter and 100 g of Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar & 50 g of Organic Panela with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add 3 eggs, beating well between each addition. Finally, add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the banana and sour cream mixture, stir through 75 g of dark chocolate pieces, then spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes, then brush the top with 1 tbsp of honey. Leave for another 20 minutes, then carefully lift out and let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar & Organic Panela.