Take a visit to the Pumpkin with these crispy, gooey, and hot cookies. One that will fill your kitchen with autumnal aromas. The seasonal spices intensify whilst the Coconut Blossom adds depth to the flavour.
Ingredients for homemade pumpkin puree:
- One medium pumpkin
- 2tsp BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom sugar
Ingredients for homemade pumpkin spices:
- 1tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2tsp of ground cloves
Ingredients for the vegan pumpkin spiced chocolate chip cookies:
- 310g of all purpose flour
- 250g of BONRAW Organic Coconut Sugar
- 260g of good quality vegan chocolate chips
- 120g of pumpkin puree
- 110g of solid coconut oil
- 2tsp of vanilla extract
- 1tsp of baking soda
- 1/2tsp of salt
- 1tsp of pumpkin spices
- 2tbsp of coconut milk
- Sea salt
Method for homemade pumpkin puree:
- Preheat the oven at 180C degrees Fan.
- Rotate the pumpkin and make a cut from the stem to the bottom. Pull the two halves apart and remove all seeds. When the pumpkin is clean, sprinkle 2 tsp of BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar on the top.
- Place the halves cut-side-down onto a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast until the flesh is soft and coming away from the skin. (Baking time: around 45minutes).
- Once the pumpkin is roasted, throw the softened flesh into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the pumpkin puree aside, and let it cool down in a glass jar.
Method for homemade pumpkin spices:
- In a small bowl mix all the spices together and let them aside.
Method for the vegan pumpkin spiced chocolate chips cookies:
- Preheat the oven at 190C degrees Fan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the coconut oil, BONRAW Organic Coconut Sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-speed until smooth; about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spices, whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the coconut oil and sugar mixture and, with a spatula, mix until ingredients are combined.
- Then add coconut milk and pumpkin puree, mix until ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 3tbsp sized mounds of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving space between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the centers are soft bus set.
- Press some extra chocolate chips on top of warm cookies, and sprinkle with sea salt, if using.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 30 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.