(V) (DF) (VEG)
Cook time: 50 mins
A summertime delight! Vibrant juicy flavours encrusted by a golden crumbly pastry adorned with almonds and sweetened to perfection by our quality natural sugar, Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 142g All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Coarse Cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp Plant-based Margarine Sticks (Very cold)
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Ice Water
Ingredients for the crust topping:
- Almond or any plant-based milk
- Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 medium peach (sliced) / or fig (whatever summer fruit you have available)
- 55g Blueberries
- 112g Raspberries
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- To make your crust, place your coarse cornmeal, Coconut Blossom Sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add in the cold plant-based butter and pulse until the mixture appears coarse, with pieces of the vegan margarine still visible.
- Turn on the processor and drizzle in your ice water, and blend until it just becomes incorporated. This should be about 30 seconds.
- Once done, turn your dough out onto plastic wrap and bring it into a ball, until it fully comes together. Then flatten it into a disk and cover it in the plastic wrap. Place the dough in the fridge for an hour.
- While your dough is chilling in the fridge, prepare your peach, blueberries, and raspberries. (Make sure to defrost your fruit first if any of it is frozen). Wash, and then pat dry.
- Place your fruit in a bowl and add the Coconut Blossom Sugar, salt, cinnamon, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, if it appears too juicy add some more cornstarch. You want your mixture to be thick.
- Preheat the oven to 175˚
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. If it starts sticking, sprinkle the surface with more flour.
- Place your round of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop your fruit mixture into the centre of your dough, leaving space around the edge for the crust.
- Fold over the dough edge by either pleating or plating, depending on what effect you’d like to achieve. Ideally, you want the filling to appear like a shallow well in the middle of the pastry.
- Brush your pastry edge with plant-based milk, and sprinkle with more Coconut Blossom Sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the edges are golden and crisp! Leave to cool in the baking tray for 15 minutes to set.
- Slice and serve! This summertime dessert pairs perfectly with some plant-based cream.
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar