Chocolate indulgence but make it nutritious! Smooth layers of dark chocolate mousse embossed with our golden honeyed Organic Mountain Bee Pollen. Perfected with a crisp and crumbly shell, made with our sugar-free natural sweetener, Silver Birch Caster. It’s sunshine on a dessert plate!
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 level tbsp Silver Birch Caster
- 400 g quality dark (70%) chocolate
- 90 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100 ml milk (cold)
- 1 tart shell, baked blind
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 Organic Mountain Bee Pollen
- Place 300ml of double cream, 2 tbsp of Silver Birch Caster, pinch of sea salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Break up 400g of dark chocolate.
- As soon as the mixture has boiled, remove from the heat and add the butter and the chocolate. Stir until it has melted. Allow to cool and then stir in the cold milk until smooth and shiny.
- Sometimes the mixture will appear split. Allow to cool down a bit more and whisk in a little extra milk until it appears smooth.
- Pour your mixture into a cooked and cooled pastry shell, using a spatula to scrape down the sides of the pan.
- Give the tart a shake so the chocolate mixture lays evenly. Leave to cool completely to room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once cooled, generously sprinkle the Mountain Bee Pollen on top. Sprinkle to your heart’s content!
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods.