Our punchy twist on a classic. A personification of the feeling you get when you listen to ‘Merry Xmas Everybody’ by Slade. Pure festivity in a glass. Delivered with our sugar-free and bright-tasting Silver Birch Granulated, so you can feel good during the darkest of months.
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
Ingredients for the sugar syrup:
- 100ml of water
- 60g of BONRAW Natural Sweetener Silver Birch granulated sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
Ingredients for the winter mojito cocktails:
- 1 fresh lime (half juice for each cocktail)
- 1 fresh orange (half juice for each cocktail)
- 32ml of sugar syrup (16ml for each cocktail)
- 50ml of dark rum (25ml for each cocktail)
- Fever Tree Italian blood orange soda
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cranberry and rosemary (as garnish)
- Extra lime and orange wedges (as garnish)
Method for the sugar syrup (1:1 sugar-to-water ratio):
- Pour in the water in a kitchen kettle and bring to boil.
- Pour in the sugar in a heat resistant tall jar and then add the boiling water into it.
- With a bar long handle spoon mix well until the sugar it’s dissolved into the water.
- Add star anise and cinnamon stick (remove them only when the syrup is cold) and let the sugar syrup cool down.
- Start to make the cocktail only when the sugar syrup is cold.
Method for the cocktail:
- Pour in half lime juice and orange juice on each glass (Collins glasses are perfect for these cocktails), add two cubes of ice and mix with a bar long handle spoon.
- Add the sugar syrup and dark rum on each glass with two extra ice cubes and mix again.
- Add the wedges of lime and orange (one each for each glass), and fresh cranberries and fill up the glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour in the blood orange soda, until the glasses are full, add the top of rosemary springs on top the glass as final garnish.
- Enjoy the cocktails and keep the sugar syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.