This Apple, Ricotta & Almond Cake is delightfully soft, filled with ricotta cheese that makes the humble apple even more delicious and fragrant. Made with a host of wholesome ingredients, starting with the Coconut Blossom Sugar. Perfect for breakfast or as a tasty snack, delicious for young and old alike. Easy to prepare and bake, it will quickly become a firm family favourite.
Prep. Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
(Double ingredients needed for large tray-like image)
- 1½ cups + 1 tbsp of flour
- 9 oz of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 3 apples
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of sliced almonds to decorate
- In a saucepan add 4 tbsp of butter, 9 oz of ricotta and 1 cup of milk, and heat until melted (do not boil). Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime, wash and peel 2 apples. Cut them into small pieces and set them aside.
- In a large bowl break 3 eggs, add the 1 cup of Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar and with an electric whisk start to whisk for a few minutes.
- Add the warmed melted butter, milk, and ricotta cheese and stir gently.
- At this point add the ½ cups + 1 tbsp of sifted flour together with 1 tbsp of baking powder and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Now add 2 sliced up apples and mix well with a wooden spoon. Grease a 10 inches springform pan and pour in the mixture.
- Cut the remaining apple into thin slices and decorate the surface of the cake (always leave some empty space to allow the cake to rise to ensure good cooking inside of the cake).
- For final touches, scatter the almonds across the top to finish.
- Bake the cake in an oven at 350 F / 180˚C for 40 minutes. (Test if the cake is fully baked by seeing if the toothpick comes out clean).
- Cut into slices and serve! This cake is extra delicious with whipped cream, ice cream or just on its own!
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar.