Time: 2 hours
Makes: 12-13 rolls
Big, fluffy, golden, and delicious. These cinnamon rolls made with our Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar deliver on every. single. bite. Made for sharing, but too good to share.
Ingredients for the yeast:
- 230 ml of milk
- 50 ml of melted butter
- 40 g of Bonraw Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 14 g of fast action yeast
Ingredients for the cardamom-cinnamon rolls:
- 2 medium eggs
- 450 g of plain flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 4 tsp of ground cardamom
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Coconut oil spray
Ingredients for the filling:
- 100 g of Bonraw Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 150 g of margarine
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 3 tsp of ground cardamom
Method for the filling:
- Combine the margarine, Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar, cinnamon, and ground cardamom in a medium bowl. Mix everything until combined. The mixture should be soft and creamy, ready to spread on top of the dough. Keep in the fridge until needed.
Method for the yeast:
- Combine the warm milk with melted butter, BONRAW Organic Coconut Sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Allow it to stand for 10 minutes, until frothy.
Method for the cardamom-cinnamon rolls:
- Heat oven to 100˚C.
- Add the whisked eggs to the milk mixture. Add in the sifted flour, salt, ground cardamom, and vanilla extract, and mix until a soft dough forms (the dough will be sticky). Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 3 minutes kneading).
- Lightly coat a large bowl with coconut oil spray and transfer the ball of dough to the bowl, turning once to coat in the oil. Cover with a damp towel.
- Turn the oven off and transfer the bowl of dough to the warm oven. Allow rising for 1 hour. (To check if the dough is ready, gently press two fingers into it. If an indentation remains, the dough has not risen enough).
- After 1 hour, punch dough down; cover and let rest for an additional 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured rectangle surface. Brush the filling over the dough. Beginning at one long side, roll up dough tightly; then gently pinch the seam down to seal. Trim the ends for an even slice and cut dough into 12-13 slices.
- Arrange the rolls in a lightly greased deep rectangular baking dish. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for a further 30 minutes or until doubled size.
- When the rising is nearly complete, preheat the oven to 175˚C.
- Uncover rolls; bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve warm and enjoy!
For the milk, use full fat. It should be warm to the touch, not too hot or you will kill the yeast. If it is too hot, allow it to cool slightly before proceeding with the yeast.
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar.