Reinvented for the warmer months. This Oats Apple Crumble boosts protein, fibre & healthy fats. It’s also low GI due to the oats and Coconut Blossom Sugar, so you get all the toffee flavour and none of the spikes. Serve with a quality non-dairy yogurt for an extra refreshing taste.
Prep-time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for the apple filling:
- 2 large apples
- 1tbsp + 1/2tsp of BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 1tbsp + 1/2tsp of flour
- 1tsp +1/2tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2tsp of ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the crisp topping:
- 80g of BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 35g of rolled oats
- 50g of flour
- 1/2tsp of baking powder
- A sprinkle of salt
- 58g of unsalted butter
- To begin, whisk together 80 g Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar, 35 g of rolled oats, 50 g of flour, ½ tsp of baking powder, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add in 58 g of unsalted butter. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the crumble mixture. It’ll be ready once the mixture holds its shape when pressed together and there is no flour in the bottom of the bowl.
- Grab a pie dish big enough for 2 servings and preheat the oven to (fan) 175˚C.
- For the apple filling: Place the sliced apples, 1tbsp + ½ tsp of Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar, 1tbsp + ½ tsp of flour, 1tbsp + ½ tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of cinnamon in a large bowl. Toss well so that each apple is coated. Pour into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the apple filling. Bake until the apples are tender, and the top is golden brown. It should take about 35-40 minutes. Serve with generous scoops of yoghurt or ice cream and enjoy.