Here’s how to make the tastiest and fudgiest brownies ever with half the sugar! Dive into deep chocolate flavour, intensified with a single tbsp of espresso. We’ve reduced the sugar content of these brownies by sweetening them with a mixture of our Coconut Blossom Sugar, and our sugar-free natural sweetener Silver Birch Caster. This is Good-Sweet indulgence!
Servings: 9 large brownie slices
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 24-26 minutes
- 225 g of chocolate + extra for topping (or use chocolate chips)
- 115g of butter
- 100g BONRAW Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- 75g BONRAW Silver Birch Caster
- 75 g of cocoa powder
- 100g of flour
- 3 eggs (cold)
- 5g / 1 tbsp espresso/instant coffee
- 1 tsp salt
- 60g of olive oil
- 8g or ½ tbsp vanilla
- Heat an empty saucepan on high, and once hot add in your butter and stir constantly, remembering to scrape up any solid butter from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the butter looks dark and golden, remove it from the heat and stir in the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has melted, combine Coconut Blossom Sugar and Silver Birch Caster in a bowl and then pour it into your butter and chocolate mixture. Add ½ tbsp of vanilla extract, and 1 tsp of salt to this mixture and stir well.
- Crack and then whisk the 3 eggs in a bowl before adding them to your brownie mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and a tbsp of espresso/instant coffee, and fold them into your mixture to achieve a thick brownie batter. Stir well with a whisk until the mixture appears smooth and all the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to 8x8 tin, prepared with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle any leftover chocolate or chocolate chips onto your brownie batter.
- For best results, refrigerate your mixture for 2 hours before baking. Then heat your oven to 175˚C and bake your brownie for 24-26 minutes (rotating halfway through).
- Once baked, allow to rest until room temperature on a cooling rack. Then, serve… these fudgy brownies pair nicely with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.