(V) (DF) (VEG)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Indulge in a melt-in-your-mouth, warm, chocolate delight that’s also vegan and refined sugar-free! This recipe is an easy winner for a dinner party, dig your spoon in to unleash a luscious pool of glossy chocolate sauce.
-1 tbsp vegetable oil
-60 g dairy-free spread
-60 g BONRAW Organic Fine Maple Sugar
-1 tbsp pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably golden)
-30 g dark chocolate
-60 ml almond milk
-60 g self-raising flour
-3 tbsp cocoa powder
-Pinch of salt
-1 tbsp vanilla
- To begin, prepare your ramekins or tins by brushing them with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, and dusting them with cocoa powder.
- Cream 60 g of dairy-free spread with 60 g of Organic Fine Maple Sugar until the mixture is pale and creamy.
- Add in the banana (mashed), and 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Beat well.
- Grab a microwave-safe bowl and melt 30 g of dark chocolate in the microwave. Add this to the mixture.
- Take a small plate, and spoon 4 teaspoons of the mixture onto it. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until the mixture firms up.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 180˚C/gas mark 4.
- Continue preparing the mixture by adding 60 g of self-raising flour, 3 tbsp of cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp of vanilla paste.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins or tins halfway. Then, take the nearly frozen cake mix and place it into the centre of each ramekin/tin. Cover this with the remaining cake mixture.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 12-15 mins, or until the tops are set but they still have a slight wobble when shaken.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. To remove them from the ramekins, run a spatula around the edges and put them on a plate.
- And… serve! We recommend that you serve them with plant-based cream or your vegan ice cream of choice.
If this recipe has left you drooling, then don’t hold back, get baking, and then tag us on Instagram @bonrawfoods. Share the Good-Sweet love.
Featuring BONRAW Organic Fine Maple Sugar.
Recipe and Images courtesy of our friends at Maple From Canada.