Time: 25 minutes
Sunset in a glass. Mockingbird Spirit & BONRAW combine and balance complex flavours to deliver a refreshing taste experience.
Ingredients for Sunset Margarita:
- 100 ml Mockingbird Spirit
- ½ cup BONRAW Organic Panela
- 1 fresh lime
- 8 Strawberries
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint (+1 sprig for garnish)
Method for Strawberry Mint Syrup:
- To begin, we’re going to make our sugar syrup using BONRAW Organic Panela. Start by slicing and hulling 8 strawberries (if your strawberries are quite large halve the amount needed for this recipe).
- Place your sliced strawberries in a ceramic bowl with two sprigs of fresh mint. Add ½ cup of brown sugar, and ½ cup of boiling water.
- Muddle these ingredients together briefly, and then leave them to sit for 2 minutes so they can begin to incorporate.
- After 2 minutes, mix them one final time and then pour the syrup in a mason jar through a mesh strainer. Set the mason jar aside to cool.
Method for Sunset Margarita:
- Halve your lime, and using a lemon squeezer, squeeze your lime juice into a measuring jug until you’ve yielded approx. 50 ml of lime juice. (You may want to filter your lime juice through a mesh strainer before adding it to the cocktail to remove any pips from the lime).
- Add your lime juice to your metal cocktail shaker.
- Pour in 100 ml of Mockingbird Spirit into your cocktail shaker.
- By this time your strawberry mint syrup should have cooled down sufficiently, pour in 50 ml of the strawberry mint syrup.
- Now… the fun part. Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and shake! Shake for approx. 15 seconds, the bottom of your shaker should feel nice and frosty.
- And… serve. Serve your cocktail in a small glass with ice, and garnish with some leftover strawberries and a sprig of mint. Then enjoy your sunset in a glass.